Milestones

FIBA篮球世界杯竞猜投注 www.dtlsss.com 1903

A free dispensary clinic for the outpatient treatment of the poor was opened by the Episcopal Mission at Calle Magdalena, Tondo, Manila. It was named Dispensary of St. Luke the beloved Physician.

1905

A modest nine-bed ward was opened.

1907

The University Hospital of 30 beds plus eight emergency beds was inaugurated on October 23.

1910

Capacity of the hospital was increased to 52 beds, mostly for charity patients.

1912

The University Hospital was renamed St. Luke's Hospital to differentiate it from the University of the Philippines Hospital.

1959

The medical and paramedical team of St. Luke's Hospital moved to its new home in Cathedral Heights, Quezon City. It was a 150-bed hospital with eight suites, 32 bassinets, a recovery room within the operating room, the 1st Philippine Neuro-Psychiatric unit, the first cobalt therapy unit in a private hospital, and a physiotherapy department.

1975

The hospital was spun off into an independent non-stock, not-for-profit corporation governed by a Board of Trustees headed by Atty. William H. Quasha as Chairman, President and CEO.

1984

The Board of Trustees renamed the institution St. Luke's Medical Center.

1986

Mr. Jose F.G. Ledesma was appointed as Executive Director and Dr. Arsenio C. Cantos as Medical Director.

1994

Opening of St. Luke's College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial(SLCM-WHQM)

1996

Mr. Robert F. Kuan was elected as Chairman of the Board of Trustees and Mr. Jose F.G. Ledesma as President and Chief Executive Officer.

2001

St. Luke's became an international affiliate of New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and accorded the honor of being affiliated with the medical schools of Columbia University College Physicians and Surgeons and the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.

2003

St. Luke's is the first hospital in the Philippines and the second in Asia to be accredited by the Joint Commission International.

2005

Groundbreaking for St. Luke's Medical Center-Bonifacio Global City on February 1. Signing of Affiliation Agreement with Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

2010

St. Luke’s-Global City is formally inaugurated on January 16.

2012

Dr. Edgardo R. Cortez is elected President and Chief Executive Officer. St. Luke’s-Global City is accredited by the Joint Commission International.

2016

St. Luke’s-Quezon City is the first in the Philippines to be accredited by the Joint Commission International as an Academic Medical Center Hospital. St. Luke’s Medical Center become the first hospital in the Philippines to become a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.